Thursday, December 27, 2007

Breakfast

Blueberry Muffin My You're Lookin' Swell,
Cute Lil' Muffin with a Blueberry Smell!

I love blueberry muffins and these are better than any gluten ones I can remember having.
These can be made into a highly nutritious breakfast or snack. They are easy, freezable and packable. Having food on hand is really important during pregnancy and breastfeeding in order to avoid the dilemma of being hungry but having nothing safe to eat. I also aim to list easy recipes because morning sickness and babies can make more complicated baking projects difficult. I order Bob's Red Mill GF Whole Grain Cornbread by the case, and you can too, by visiting my store. I use this mix as a muffin base and am about to enjoy some pumpkin mini-muffins made with this mix and a 15 oz. can of pumpkin, some nutmeg and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (I will try to take and post some pictures the next time I make them). I hope you like these blueberry muffins, I like mine warm with a little bit of butter or trans-fat free spread, they might just become a craving:). And if you wake up with morning sickness these might even make your pregnant tummy feel better.

Blueberry Mini-Muffins
1 pkg Bob's Red Mill GF Whole Grain Cornbread Mix
1 1/2 C. milk
2 omega-3 eggs
1/3 C. canola oil
2 C. wild blueberries (I have used a whole 16 oz. package before)
Prepare according to package instructions
Makes 3 dz. mini-muffins, enjoy and you can freeze the extras!

No comments: