Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whole Grain Pumpkin Cornbread Mini-Muffins


Whole-grains, omega 3 fatty-acids, protein, calcium, beta-carotene, low in sugar (no refined sugar): a recipe that is healthy, delicious and easy. I served these with my black bean chili on Monday night and I had them for breakfast on Tuesday. They are very moist with the pumpkin. Please try them and tell me what you think. In my effort to pack more nutrition into every bite, these one of my favorite foods.

1 package of Bob Red Mill's Gluten Free Whole Grain Cornbread Mix (available in my store)
2 Omega 3 eggs
1/3 Cup Canola oil
1 1/2 Cup Milk
1 15 oz. can of Pumpkin
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or a combination of cinnamon and nutmeg)

Bake in mini-muffin pans sprayed with gf baking spray at 375 degrees, check for doneness beginning at 10 minutes. Makes 3 dozen.

No comments: