Saturday, February 23, 2008

Gluten Free Dinner Menu for Morning Sickness


If you are experiencing nausea and vomiting of pregnancy that plagues you around dinner time, making dinner can be very challenging. Preparing raw meat can be especially nauseating, spicy food can upset the tummy. Plus you may feel so wiped out you can barely get off the couch. So below are some ideas:) This week the Gluten Free Menu Swap is hosted by Natalie, the Gluten Free Mommy (who says she has had experience with morning sickness) and the ingredient of the week is bananas (probably safe for nausea :). A banana and a glass of cold milk if one of my favorite snacks! My mom used to make banana pancakes when I was growing up, so maybe I will make some for my little ones soon, by the way my favorite gf pancake mix is Bob's Red Mill.

Monday: Breakfast for dinner: bananna pancakes (use a mix and add the banannas, blueberries, pumpkin etc. or if you are really feeling bad use frozen pancakes or waffles), and scrambled eggs, and fruit.

Tuesday: Premade soup like Trader Joe's butternut squash, lentil or tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Wednesday: Turkey (or another meat) sandwiches on toasted brown rice bread with lettuce, tomato, avacado, sprouts, cheese etc.

Thursday: Green salad topped with high protein items like precooked meat, hard boiled eggs, cheese, or beans etc., and veggies.

Friday: Boston Market: turkey breast, mashed potatoes, poultry gravy and steamed vegetables (all gluten free)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Very happy to have found your blog! I may have Celiac... have been dragging my feet about getting tested, but my mom and two of her 3 sisters have been diagnosed within the last few months. I have the symptoms and now found out I'm pg, so just started eating gluten free as a precaution, realizing that if they test me for it now, the results may not be accurate. Anyway... that's my story! Looking forward to learning from you!
~Wendy