Monday, March 31, 2008

Gluten Free Menu Swap



This week's gluten free menu swap is hosted by Natalie, Gluten Free Mommy, and the ingredient is lemon. We were generously given citrus fruit by sweet family members and need to use it up. I am thinking of making some lemonade. During my last pregnancy someone told me that lemonade helped her nausea, and I at least felt better while I was drinking it. Homemade with a natural sweetener instead of the high-fructose corn syrup, yum, or if you are not up to making it there are ones available with sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup. If you make it yourself you can also use less sweetener. I wonder how it would be with white grape juice concentrate? If you try it, please let me know how it turns out.


Dinner Menu:

Monday: Salmon with lemon, brown rice and asparagas.

Tuesday: Turkey meatloaf made with carrots, gf oats and ketchup, red potatoes and frozen green vegetable.

Wednesday: Chicken and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice.

Thursday: Beef Tri-tip with potatoes, onions and carrots in the crock-pot.

Friday: Pepperjack cheese enchiladas, corn and pinto beans.

3 comments:

~M said...

I'm not sure about morning sickness specifically, but I try to sip Reed's Ginger Brew (non-alcoholic!) when I get nauseated and it seems to help. Sucking on their ginger drops or drinking ginger tea is also good.

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant with my first lemons were suggested to me. I sucked on them constantly and it did seem to help, like you said, as long as I was sucking them. Interesting thing is, that child now sucks plain lemons for a treat. :-D

LoLo said...

I second the suggestion to sip on Reed's Ginger Brew. It got me through my first six months of constant nausea. I would drink one first thing in the morning and another later in the day. The only food I could stomach was Indian. Ginger is great for helping nausea. Try making a ginger tea too.